My consulting ranges from large scale culture change work, group development/coaching and developing a culture of creativity and innovation. I’ve worked with a wide range of organisations and individuals across a number of different sectors (see graphic further below for client list). Each piece of work is unique and the types of things I’ve been involved in over the last few years include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Delivery of workshops and ongoing Action Learning focussed on change, creativity, innovation, collaboration, improvisation (workshops have ranged from 1 hour to 5 days)
- Consulting on and facilitating small, medium and large scale culture change initiatives (recently on improving customer service, integrating new strategy into organisational culture, a global initiative to increase female senior leader representation and enabling a culture of experimentation and creativity in service of innovation)
- Group coaching and group development/group dynamics work
- Dialogue facilitation – most recently on gender
- Action Learning Group facilitation
- Consulting on design and delivery of conferences and events
- Delivering key notes and elective workshops at conferences and events
- Hosting and MC’ing conferences and events
- 1:1 coaching
Over the last few years I’ve had the pleasure of working with some great people in the following organisations as CSS Change and Creativity Ltd or through trusted partners and associates.
Hopefully this gives you a flavour of the type of stuff I do. So, if you are interested in exploring doing something together then please get in touch.
If you want to find out more about how I got into this work then check out the About Me page.
Some Consulting Testimonials
“Steve is one of the most innovative practitioners of organisation consulting (OD) that I have come across. I supervised his dissertation on the theme of how to work ‘in the present’ in a way which enables innovation and change, and it is one of the best I have come across. His academic work is grounded in extensive experience in the corporate world, and by the way, he has another rare quality which is absolute integrity. I would recommend Steve to any one looking for a process consultant with the courage to challenge conventional change methods and who knows what he is doing”
Professor Bill Critchley
“Steve is an excellent OD Practitioner with superb intellectual and academic grounding, delivered through a highly practical and business focused style. Challenging, supportive, creative and intelligent, he provides the right mix of provocation and difference, and capacity to come alongside the realities of his clients. He is supportive and fun to work alongside – a real pleasure to be in a team with – which makes tough work much easier to deal with. I would strongly recommend Steve to anyone looking for a great coach, consultant and OD specialist.”
“For someone so expert and impressively connected and experienced, Steve brings a wonderful child-like curiosity to the work he leads.”
Head of Leadership and Management Development Programme
“Steve joined us at a time of growth and helped transform our charity into a healthier, happier organisation. His expertise in organisational development has enabled us to work more effectively as a team to strive towards ambitious targets. His unique insight into what drives organisations and their directors led to strong new corporate partnerships and the clubs we work with, creating a groundbreaking new form of charity-corporate relationship based on shared value.”
“Steve helped me tremendously in bringing together a very dysfunctional group of Technical Project Managers into a high performing team. He is an excellent facilitator and knows how to fine tune his material to match his intended target audience. He has acquired a comprehensive set of tools to help with change and OD”